About the position:
The Field Operations team manages qualitative market research methodologies that are conducted through leveraging external partners, such as recruiters and market research facilities. This includes domestic and international research initiatives using a broad array of in-person and online methodologies.
We are seeking an additional Qualitative Fieldwork Manager to manage logistics and collaborate with internal project teams, end clients, and external fieldwork partners on potential and confirmed projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with project teams; serving as an internal consultant regarding study design and external partner options, prospective challenges, and timely solutions
- Advising project teams and external fieldwork partners regarding design feasibility, including proposed fielding schedules, locations, and audiences
- Assisting project teams with new business proposals by requesting, negotiating, and analyzing external partner bids, and using costs to estimate pricing for proposals
- Selecting external fieldwork partners based on cost, service level, timeline, and methodology
- Managing all field operations for domestic and international qualitative research projects, including: overseeing recruiting, managing logistics, and acting as a liaison between external partners and project teams
- Liaising with external fieldwork partners to communicate objectives and collaborate throughout projects to ensure optimal results
- Developing and nurturing relationships with external fieldwork partners (e.g. facilities, recruiters, moderators, translators); overseeing partner availability and performance
- Proactively seeking and identifying new potential external partners as needed to meet project needs; building and maintaining a network of international and domestic partners
- Traveling periodically to collaborate with internal teams at PSB offices and attend qualitative fieldwork in various markets
- Managing internal approval processes and reconciling invoices
- highly creative and experiential professional events, is a plus.
Essential Experience/Role Specific Skills or Knowledge Required:
Our ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience working in a qualitative research field management role for a market research firm or in project/field management on the external partner/supplier side (e.g. at a qualitative market research facility), and has a deep understanding of client-side needs and operations. Experience within event planning and management, particularly highly creative and experiential professional events, is a plus.
- Sincere interest in and understanding of qualitative market research and logistics management
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to build strong relationships with colleagues, clients, and external partners
- Strong problem solving skills, coupled with the ability to learn quickly and think creatively
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, within a fast-paced environment with numerous complex and simultaneous studies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple requests and projects at a time, delivering accurate, top-quality work with quick turnaround and limited supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel periodically
In addition, candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Power Point
Dubai, United Arab Emirates